Monday, July 29, 2013

Moving On

Well that time has come that I knew was going to happen .. I am closing up my shop and moving . I have seen the writing on the wall the past few months . There are a few factors that led to my decision to close up and move . It's now secret that the economy blows . My business is supported by those with disposable income . Which is down almost 40% among 25-40 year olds . That is enough to cripple any small biz . The other factor is lack of support from the local crowd . Everyone wants a " local " shop but they don't " shop local " .. they go online to the big box store and buy their big ticket parts online and then shop the local shop when they need a bottle of oil or a spark plug .. well those small sales don't pay my rent or bills . It's such a drag to know many of my friends have decided to shop online and not come to my shop where I could get them the same price and have it delivered in the same time frame . But yet they say how the area needs a local shop . I have poured my heart and sweat and my own money into opening my shop and now I am seeing my dream become another statistic in a shitty economy . I am thankful that my buddy is letting me share space in his shop so I can still keep my biz open . But I can't help but feel a tad betrayed by my buddies and those who I have helped in my years in the industry who haven't pushed my biz as I have asked them to. I have longed said " your only as good until the next discount " . They say things happen for a reason ...........

No comments: